13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Shoutbox

You must login to post a message.

02/13/2015 12:19
Booyeah :3

01/11/2012 20:43
I'm still dropping by almost every day, but not logging in.

09/04/2011 02:40
I figured out how to ban a bot, but not how to delete a post or thread. Frown

08/30/2011 20:29
... and we're back! again

07/24/2011 15:55
by the way, The wiki data is NOT lost. I have a backup of it. I just can't get the site to talk to the database for some reason. My server here works fine but not on my hosing service.

07/24/2011 15:50
Hello Empyre, I have deleted the spam shouts and you should be able to delete them as well now. It should show up as an edit or delete under the shout.

07/19/2011 19:49
I noticed that BigCog visited the forums today, despite having been banned.

07/18/2011 02:46
BigCog was obviously a spam bot, and I was able to ban it, but I didn't see how to delete its shout box spam.

07/07/2011 19:43
The last time I tried, I couldn't. I'll try again the next time I see a spam bot.

07/07/2011 01:09
Hey Empyre Shock, I have deleted the spam in the forum. I have also looked in your admin settings and you have permission to ban users & edit or delete treads. Let me know if you can't.

View Thread

Planetwon2.net » General » half-life/won2 chit chat
Half-life/CS1.5 WON2 server help
Username
Password
Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

15-10-2009 10:17 PM

Warn Level 0
corl45
General Member :: Member
  Half-life/CS1.5 WON2 server help

ok, i've been trying for about a week now and cannot seem to get this working. I want to set up a counter-strike 1.5 server (or half-life, as if i get that setup, i know how to make cstrike run) I've tried tons of guides, I've tried HLDS2, hLDS 4.1.1.1, HLDS 4.1.1.1e, and the HLDS that comes defualt with the game. I've forwarded all the ports I can think of, I've even disabled my fire-wall completely, still, nothing. I can connect lan and play, but if i try to enter my wan ip adress it either says somthing about lan only (because i have sv_lan1) or it wont connect at all (retrying....) i've tried won2 server patches, and player patches, i've done everything i can think of. and yes, i did put ip "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in the serverr config. I want it to show up on server browsers (play CS-> internet game). its just a small clan server. yo ucould say i want my server basicly like "DeathTV public Access"

I know there are very few post on this webside, but the info on WON2 and CS1.5 is increasingly depleating and i'm trying to find some help. ANY help/input would be greatly appreciated

16-10-2009 08:13 PM

Administrator

Empyre
General Member :: Administrator
RE: Half-life/CS1.5 WON2 server help

I don't want to discourage you from visiting this site, but you have a slightly better chance of getting help over at the Steamless site, the home of WON2.
http://v4.steamlessproject.nl/index.php?page=news

Download map packs for my TFC server here.

19-10-2009 10:39 PM
Super Administrator

being awesomebeing awesome

transistor62 being awesomebeing awesome
Systems Administrator :: Super Administrator

Hello Corl45
I think you need to run the nowon patch program in order to play the 1.5 won games online. The nowon patcher program patches the half-life engine so that it will run online without the auth server that does not exist anymore. I have the no won patch if you need it. Take care and GOD bless.

Transistor
Systems Administrator
agremlin.com
The planetwon2 web site here
Transistor's TFC web site here
Master Srv Oper. U.S.A.

20-10-2009 11:42 PM | Edited by corl45 20-10-2009 11:44 PM

Warn Level 0
corl45

Thanks for the replies guys =)

@Empyre
Thanks for the input, I think I'll go put this thread on the steamlessnetwork if this patch doesn't work =)

@Transistor62
Thanks, It would be wonderful if you would give me the patch =) but I can't connect even typing "connect [IP]" in the console, ip being the ip of my wan network(not local IP, I can connect with LAN Ip's), Would that be because its not patched to won2 auth servers

Edit:
Also, would i even need to patch the HLDS V2, that distributeded by Steamlessproject.nl, as that's the version I am using as of now.

21-10-2009 04:28 PM | Edited by Empyre 21-10-2009 04:31 PM

Administrator

Empyre
General Member :: Administrator

The so-called "player patch" replaces a text file that lists the WON servers' IPs with one that lists the IPs of the WON2 servers. The servers need that patch, too, or they will try to list themselves on the old WON servers.

However, I have a feeling that your problem is something else.

Download map packs for my TFC server here.

24-10-2009 02:07 AM
Super Administrator

being awesomebeing awesome

transistor62 being awesomebeing awesome
Systems Administrator :: Super Administrator

corl45 wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys =)

@Empyre
Thanks for the input, I think I'll go put this thread on the steamlessnetwork if this patch doesn't work =)

@Transistor62
Thanks, It would be wonderful if you would give me the patch =) but I can't connect even typing "connect [IP]" in the console, ip being the ip of my wan network(not local IP, I can connect with LAN Ip's), Would that be because its not patched to won2 auth servers

Edit:
Also, would i even need to patch the HLDS V2, that distributeded by Steamlessproject.nl, as that's the version I am using as of now.

@ corl45
The the nowon patch modifies the half-life engine so that it will let you connect using internet or wan ip addresses as well as letting you connect to local lan ip addresses. without the nowon patch done to your half-life engine, you will not be able to connect to any internet or wan ip addresses only local lan ip addresses. The nowon patch makes the half-life engine allow internet or wan ip addresses to connect to the server while the it is set to local or lan ip mode, that way it is not trying to connect to an auth server that does not exist anymore. The so-called "player patch" replaces a text file that lists the WON master servers' IPs with one that lists the IPs of the WON2 master servers.

Transistor
Systems Administrator
agremlin.com
The planetwon2 web site here
Transistor's TFC web site here
Master Srv Oper. U.S.A.

24-10-2009 03:43 AM

Warn Level 0
corl45

I just barley switched over to a new ISP, so I have to get my network re-set up, as, I have a 6-7 computer network with a server. Shouldn't take too long really, waiting on a router to show up in the mail. I'll get back to ya as soon as possible. and if anyone could post a link to the correct won2 patch (player and server) for HLDS2 (the one created by steamlessproject.nl), though, i have tried many. Mabey changing my ISP will help, you never know.

01-11-2009 08:00 AM
Super Administrator

Sl@y3D for my n@me
Admin :: Super Administrator

I think http://files.steamlessproject.nl/details.php?file=14 is what you are looking for.

Empyre has a point though. Although this is a good site to visit, you are more likely to get support from the Steamless Project forums.

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard

Share this Thread

URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Render time: 1.50 seconds
565,368 unique visits